Open Position: Director of Rules
The SUNY Student Assembly is searching for its next Director of Rules to serve in the Executive Cabinet of President Marc J. Cohen.
The Director of Rules shall:
- Work with the Secretary for the purpose of disseminating information to members regarding the SUNYSA’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure policy compliance, including but not limited to the attendance policy, as needed.
- Have the authority to review, develop, and recommend changes to the bylaws, policies and procedures, budget, and all governing documents of the Student Assembly.
- Have the authority to audit financial revenues and expenditures of the Student Assembly, as directed by the Executive Committee.
- Shall give advisory opinions to the President, Executive Committee, and the Student Assembly on matters regarding the bylaws, SUNY policies and procedures regarding the Student Assembly, and other such organizational and operational matters.
- Shall act as the Parliamentarian for the Executive Committee and the Student Assembly when one is not appointed by the President.
- Serve as an adviser to the Executive Board.
- Assist the President with other relevant tasks as requested.
If you are interested in applying for this opening, please send your resume and a Plan of Action to President Cohen (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Chief of Staff Rey Muniz III (email@example.com). Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. If you have any questions, please contact Chief of Staff Muniz at the email listed.