Open Position: Acting Graduate Representative, Doctoral-Granting Institution
The Student Assembly is seeking applicants for an Acting Graduate Representative, Doctoral-Granting Institutions.
The Acting Representative is required to attend all remaining Executive Committee meetings (March 3-5, Schenectady) and the Spring Conference (April 7-9, Rochester). In addition, The Acting Representative must keep consistent contact with their assigned campuses, serve on at least one committee and participate in biweekly conference calls with other State-Operated Campuses representatives. The Acting Representative must also submit a report of their work each month. The duties, spelled out further, are below:
- The Acting Representative will serve as a member of the Executive Committee, which conducts business between meetings of the Student Assembly.
- The Acting Representative shall make weekly contacts with their respective constituency representatives as assigned by the Chief of Staff.
- The Acting Representative shall serve on at least one (1) standing or ad-hoc committee of the Student Assembly, in addition to serving on the Executive Committee and the State-Operated Campuses Committee.
- The Acting Representative shall submit a monthly report to the Secretary at the specified due date before each Executive Committee meeting.
Eligible candidates must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.25 and be enrolled in a graduate program at one of the following campuses:
- University at Albany
- Binghamton University
- University at Buffalo
- College of Environmental Science and Forestry
- College of Optometry
- Downstate Medical University
- Stony Brook University
- SUNY Polytechnic Institute
- Upstate Medical University
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Robert Drumm, Chief of Staff for Student Affairs, at Robert.Drumm@sunysa.org.